INFORMATION THAT YOU “VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE”
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, for example, by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through the site, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request.
Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “Submit” button on any web forms on the site, you are indicating your voluntary consent for us to use of the information you submit for the purpose stated.
Information covered by this policy
Our policy applies to all personally identifiable information about you that is obtained by NWCA in connection with your member records (personal information). Our policy will continue to cover information we may collect about you during the course of your association with NWCA.
How we collect personal information
NWCA relies upon many sources of information to understand and meet your needs. We collect personal information about you from:
1. Membership application and membership records submitted by you or on your behalf;
2. Other ways when you communicate with us in person, over the phone, through the mail or through our Web site;
3. Governmental reporting agencies like the National Change of Address and U.S. Mail Federal agencies;
- Information-sharing relationships that we establish with your NWCA Club or NWCA Group;
- Information provided to our vendors who respond to us to keep our information as correct as possible;
- Web browsers, when you visit our Web site and your browser interacts with us; and
- Other sources in connection with providing you a product or service.
How we keep information secure
Employees who violate our policies and procedures regarding privacy are subject to disciplinary action; our vendors, suppliers and licensees are also bound to uphold our procedures regarding privacy under the terms of our legal contracts with them. We safeguard information by regularly assessing security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to personal information.
Other information sharing
We may also share personal information about you with companies or other organizations outside NWCA as required by or permitted by law. For example, we may share personal information to:
- Protect against fraud;
- Respond to a subpoena.
For your protection, we require that those receiving this type of information, keep all personal information secure and confidential.
We are not responsible for the collection, use or security of information by companies, entities and organizations outside of NWCA that may be linked to our websites. Members are encouraged to read the privacy policies of websites reached through the use of links from NWCA websites.